Sunday, December 6, 2009

Welcome to My Blog

When I was in college I spent a lot of time just walking the stacks in the library and looking for anything that looked the slightest bit interesting. I would check out items pretty much at random and pick up all kinds of information, useful or not. That was a very long time ago.

Now with the Internet I have even more access to all type information I could ever want at the touch of a search engine. I have found all kinds of things on the Internet through the years. It is mind boggling what all is out there.

During the election primaries I gravitated to a lot of the more politically left of center "Net Root" blogs. I was looking for information, but, as the dramas unfolded from primaries, to conventions to the elections in 2008 the lefty group of blogs were becoming very entertaining. I was amazed at the tremendous amount of talent and creativity in some of the blogs I discovered.

I have lived in the "Deep South" all of my life. There is a lot politics, culture and lifestyle down here that is (to put it mildly) unique. But, I guess a common thread would be that the South is still part of the U.S. Hopefully, I will be able to find and post items of interest.

I, of course, have no delusions about my writing abilities or talents. I absolutely have no qualifications to make commentary except that I am a citizen and I do read a good bit. I do have a good sense of humor and I hope that will come out. Or, maybe, this blog will fall in the dust bin with the other abandoned activities like when I took up knitting......



No comments: